Monday, 24 May 2010


I took this picture on the way to the beach near Fishguard in Wales. I spotted the ponies - I think they're Welsh cobs -in a field and stopped the car to and took a few pictures from the window. Unfortunately the road was busy and there was no where to park so this is the best I could do. I like the way that four of them are all lined up and drinking at the same time. I'd liked to have spent longer taking more pictures but couldn't...maybe next time!
This is a wild Welsh mountain pony with her foal on hills near Fishguard in Wales. I had to creep up to the herd really slowly to get close enough to take pictures. They fled at the slightest noise. I like the way the mare's standing protectively over her foal. The foal looks lifeless but moments later it sprung into life and trotted away with its mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment